custom window treatments and soft goods

16825 48th Ave W #104, Lynnwood, WA 98037 206-953-5040
dbm4softgoods@yahoo.com

Sunday, August 30, 2009

I really do love fabric and have gone to great lengths to show it

As many of you know I recently had to have emergency open heart surgery. It was discovered quite suddenly and under a life and death situation that I had an Ascending Aortic Dissection. Essentially what that means is that from the aortic valve in my heart down the main artery that the insides of it were shredding and ready to tear apart. It is truly a miracle that I did not just die, as most people do.

Part of the reconstructive surgery required that they put a graft into my heart and guess what it's made out of ? You guessed it FABRIC, yes I now have fabric in my heart, literally. I not only work, live and breathe fabric but I actually have it in my heart. Now mind you it's only Dacron, not the most glamorous, but it should last for the rest of my life! I realize that this was a bit extreme of me to show how much I love what I do and how much I love fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment