custom window treatments and soft goods

16825 48th Ave W #104, Lynnwood, WA 98037 206-953-5040
dbm4softgoods@yahoo.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Owning a business! oh my!

You know that saying "when life throws you lemons make lemonade" Well I'm sitting on a semi full of lemons and don't think anyone can drink that much lemonade! Sometimes being a small business owner takes it's toll on you mentally and emotionally --- it can just plain suck!

I'm feeling a little sentimental today as I work thru some difficult issues and look for advice and support. I'm sending a BIG shout-out to all the small business owners that have lended me support over the years, I am so grateful for you all! If you haven't build yourself a network of business owners who you can bounce ideas off of, or who can just listen. Most of us can relate thru similar incidents so the business doesn't have to be exactly the same as yours. We often isolate ourselves as owners thinking we can do it all, everyone needs help from time to time--really we do!

Your friends and family don't always understand the joys, the strains or the pressures of having so many people being dependent (employees, clients, vendors..) on you. So at times it makes it hard to have someone to lean on for support. I have been so blessed over the years to have met so many great business owners without whom I would be lost! It's great to be able to pickup the phone and give someone a call and talk it out with someone who can really understand the issues at hand.

For me as well I wouldn't be here everyday if it weren't for the Lord! He gives me strength everyday to get up, go out and press in when everything seems so impossible

...for today I am doing somehting in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it.. Habakkuk 1:5



No comments:

Post a Comment